Monday, July 25, 2011

College essay #1

DavidMcbean
07/21/2011
                                  Time taken 
    
                                                                         
                During our educational careers, we encounter numerous teachers; some are good and others are bad. Several teachers never have time for their students, or simply do not show a sense of dedication to their jobs or demonstrate caring for students, in my opinion, that is not a teacher.  Teachers are supposed to be thrilling, diligent and loving people. In my experience as a student, I never encountered a teacher that showed such a great deal of dedication, care until I was in the 7th grade, and met Mrs. Freidman.  She was pleasant, flexible, understanding but strict during work time.
                When I reflect on my favorite teacher, I imagine Mrs. Freidman. Mrs. Freidman is a very dedicated person, someone that always drives herself to give a 150% of her time to help those in need. Mrs. Freidman was the solution to me liking my English class. Before Mrs. Freidman came along, I did not like to read or write because writing was very frustrating.  The idea of having to write always made me evade any assignments.  Mrs. Freidman changed all those feelings because she made learning enjoyable; brought in movies, fun books, and other educational tools to facilitate our education in an amusing way.  All the materials she brought in fascinated us and stimulated our interests.
She was also the type of teacher when you needed extra help she would take her lunch period time to help you with your problems, from then I knew that no other teacher  could ever match up to Mrs. Freidman. Her enthusiasm was present in her teaching; she created personalized worksheets, hands on experiments, and provided engaging class discussions. Meanwhile, learning stopped being a mandatory obligation; it became a personal obligation. I owe Mrs. Freidman all the time and hard effort she put into my education, she took the time and energy to guide me.  I have high regard for Mrs. Friedman as a teacher, role model, motivator, friend, and person for all she does for all her students.
                Of all the things Mrs. Freidman instilled in me, she gave me one piece of advice that will stay with me for the rest of my life. 'Nothing in life is hard, you just have to make everything you do in life fun, and then everything will become better." That is the reason why I chose Mrs. Freidman as an inspiration she is more than a teacher she is a friend. I will apply this lesson to my future in my life, when I have a difficult project or work.


No comments:

Post a Comment